This is the Justin Johnson signature SS1 in Black Cherry stain with a chrome vintage-style fixed bridge (hard tail) and chrome hardware. NOTE: The photos show the Kahler locking vibrato system however we will update the photos as soon as possible to show the actual fixed bridge model.
This guitar features Justin's three favorite pickup styles giving you a total of six unique pickup combinations. This includes a Kent Armstrong single coil tele-style neck pickup, a PAF-style humbucker and a Gretsch Filter'tron humbucker. Mix and match these by snapping them into neck or bridge positions for an amazing amount of versatility. Changing pickups takes only seconds and you don't even need to unplug from your amp! You can see how that works right here:
This Somnium SS1 features top-quality components and USA craftsmanship with carefully selected materials and specifications:
- Alder body
- Maple neck with 24 fret pau ferro fretboard, Tusq XL Epi-style nut
- Hipshot USA locking tuners
- Vintage-style fixed bridge with independently adjustable saddles
- 5-way switch for 2 or 3 pickup combinations
- Shielded control compartment
- 9V battery compartment (for active pickups)
- Dunlop Straplok locking strap buttons
- Gator 4G fully padded backpack gig bag with external pocket
Upgrade your tone collection anytime by adding more cartridges for either passive or active pickups. No soldering is needed so you can add your own, or order them pre-loaded with virtually any brand or style pickup. Active pickups snap in seamlessly and can be combined with passive pickups with no volume issues.
The gig bag can be upgraded to a Gator hard case with compartments that hold all your pickup cartridges.